can u plz tell me the meaning of :
1. unaccustomed as i am to speaking in public...
2. a bloated capitalist
3. the cup that cheers (i.e. tea)
4. left to tender mercies of
5. ... is again rearing its ugly head
6. grinning like a Cheshire cat
thankyou very much in advance
2. This is a neagtive comment about a wealthy person who, in the eyes of the speaker, has too much money.
3. A drink that makes one feel happy.
4. "Left to the tender mercies" means left in the care of someone/something that is caring and soft. It, however, is often used ironically (opposite meaning).
5. Something bad is happening again.
6. Having a huge grin -- ear to ear. This can be positive, meaning that the person is very happy. However, this is often used as a negative, meaning that the person is celebrating too much about something.
Pope of the Dictionary.com Forum