Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Cambodian
      • Home Country:
      • Cambodia
      • Current Location:
      • Cambodia

    • Join Date: Dec 2005
    • Posts: 115
    #1

    Angry help correct my sentence

    Here is the sentence

    You can see a wonderful boy that he wants to do something.

    Is this sentence correct or incorrect?

    If it is correct please say YES.
    If it is incorrect Please Say NO and explain.

    if you can answer immediately i would say 1000 thanks
    because i have it in my mind for days.


    • Join Date: Oct 2006
    • Posts: 19,398
    #2

    Re: help correct my sentence

    No : Try saying

    You can see that wonderful boy wants to do something

    indicating that it is a specific boy who intends to carry out some good action
    Last edited by Anglika; 29-Nov-2006 at 15:49. Reason: clicked too quickly


    • Join Date: Jan 2008
    • Posts: 4
    #3

    Thumbs down Re: help correct my sentence

    hi all this is my first time so may i have correct sentenc in those words, had would and could when they are short cut i seeing 'd so what does meaning?


    • Join Date: Oct 2006
    • Posts: 19,398
    #4

    Re: help correct my sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by leban View Post
    hi all this is my first time so may i have correct sentenc in those words, had would and could when they are short cut i seeing 'd so what does meaning?
    Welcome to the forums.

    Please repost your question as a new thread in Ask a Teacher.


    • Join Date: Nov 2007
    • Posts: 5
    #5

    Re: help correct my sentence

    NO. You can say "You can see that that wonderful boy wants to do something." Although I am repeating the "that", it is okay since it is used as a demonstrative pronoun. The first that tells what you can see.


    • Join Date: Mar 2009
    • Posts: 1
    #6

    Re: help correct my sentence

    .... who wants to do sth.


    • Join Date: Feb 2009
    • Posts: 364
    #7

    Re: help correct my sentence

    Thread necromancy :(

  2. Barb_D's Avatar
    Moderator
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Mar 2007
    • Posts: 19,062
    #8

    Re: help correct my sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by thod00 View Post
    Thread necromancy :(
    This is one of the funniest things I have ever seen in any forum, ever! Thank you!
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

  3. kasiajez's Avatar

    • Join Date: Feb 2009
    • Posts: 12
    #9

    Red face Re: help correct my sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by esophea View Post
    Here is the sentence

    You can see a wonderful boy that he wants to do something.

    Is this sentence correct or incorrect?

    If it is correct please say YES.
    If it is incorrect Please Say NO and explain.

    if you can answer immediately i would say 1000 thanks
    because i have it in my mind for days.
    You can see a wonderfull boy who wants to do something.
    Is that correct????


    • Join Date: Mar 2009
    • Posts: 4
    #10

    Re: help correct my sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by kasiajez View Post
    You can see a wonderfull boy who wants to do something.
    Is that correct????
    Not entirely.

    The context of your sentence requires that you use "the" or "that". So you should say "You can see/tell that wonderful boy wants to do something".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •