Question Noun : Correspondence

In the sentence " letīs keep our correspondence solely by email."
    I took correspondence in the sentence as reciprocity ( which fits the context ) cause the word correspondence meaning communication by means of written letters it is not necessary to say by email. Is that right?

The sentence was followed by aonther one: " So we will carry on our conversations by email." Carry on here meaning continue. the word conversations means that it is more continuous and about a topicof interest. I also saw that there is a slight difference between talking and conversations. is that right?

Thanks!!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Noun : Correspondence

Correspondence = writing to each other (in that context). 'The correspondence of...' in literary biography is a common way of referring to letters. So the point of saying " letīs keep our correspondence solely by email." is to suggest 'let's not communicate by letter [or maybe some other medium - Instant Messenger, perhaps]'.

b

Smile Re: Noun : Correspondence

Quote Originally Posted by BobK View Post
    Correspondence = writing to each other (in that context). 'The correspondence of...' in literary biography is a common way of referring to letters. So the point of saying " letīs keep our correspondence solely by email." is to suggest 'let's not communicate by letter [or maybe some other medium - Instant Messenger, perhaps]'.

b
    thank you!! I understood the way it was written, communicate only by emails. Funny way to say things, I always have to read behind the words to understand this language. The person said that he dislike talking on the phone, thatīs why keep the correspondence solely by email. At least I thought it was he meant.