Results 1 to 6 of 6
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Saudi Arabia
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

    • Join Date: Dec 2006
    • Posts: 240
    #1

    correct me.......

    here are some sentences not sure if they correct or not......

    i need you to correct me even up sentence....


    if i was you, i would run away.


    i may check that by my self or direct my self without by.


    everyone are invited or every one is.......


    if i can help you, i could now


    i will take it of you or from you.


    i wouldn't go home today.

    i have to thank you advance or advanced.

    i'm here since 3 years or for 3 years.

    he was in london 2 weeks ago. or before 2 weeks.

  1. MikeNewYork's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 24,983
    #2

    Re: correct me.......

    Quote Originally Posted by diplomacy View Post
    here are some sentences not sure if they correct or not......

    i need you to correct me even up sentence....


    if i was you, i would run away.


    i may check that by my self or direct my self without by.


    everyone are invited or every one is.......


    if i can help you, i could now


    i will take it of you or from you.


    i wouldn't go home today.

    i have to thank you advance or advanced.

    i'm here since 3 years or for 3 years.

    he was in london 2 weeks ago. or before 2 weeks.
    if i was you, i would run away.

    If I were you, I would run away.


    i may check that by my self or direct my self without by.

    I don't know what that is supposed to be.


    everyone are invited or every one is.......

    Everyone is invited.


    if i can help you, i could now

    I can help you now.


    i will take it of you or from you.

    I will take it from you.


    i wouldn't go home today.

    That's fine, with a capital I.

    i have to thank you advance or advanced.

    I have to thank you in advance.

    i'm here since 3 years or for 3 years.

    I've been here for three years.

    he was in london 2 weeks ago. or before 2 weeks

    He was in London two weeks ago.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Saudi Arabia
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

    • Join Date: Dec 2006
    • Posts: 240
    #3

    Re: correct me.......

    thank you for great effort that introduced to me....




    please,,, I have confused between of and from

    could you explain it with examples...

    e.g....I scared of lion



    why


    not from



    sorry for disturbing.....

  2. MikeNewYork's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 24,983
    #4

    Re: correct me.......

    Quote Originally Posted by diplomacy View Post
    thank you for great effort that introduced to me....




    please,,, I have confused between of and from

    could you explain it with examples...

    e.g....I scared of lion



    why


    not from



    sorry for disturbing.....
    I'm scared/afraid of lions.
    I'm scared/afraid of the lion.

    The fear does not come from the lion, it originates in the person.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Saudi Arabia
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

    • Join Date: Dec 2006
    • Posts: 240
    #5

    Re: correct me.......

    thanka a lot.....


    it means if the orginates are me or a person we should use of.

    if the orginate something else we use from.


    I bought this pen from you....the orginate you


    get away of me .......the orginate is me


    correct or incorrect.......

  3. MikeNewYork's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 24,983
    #6

    Re: correct me.......

    Quote Originally Posted by diplomacy View Post
    thanka a lot.....


    it means if the orginates are me or a person we should use of.

    if the orginate something else we use from.


    I bought this pen from you....the orginate you


    get away of me .......the orginate is me


    correct or incorrect.......
    Now you are dealing with a directional use of from. The pen came "from" you.

    Get away from me.

Similar Threads

  1. Are these sentences correct?
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-Jun-2008, 03:59
  2. correct answer
    By stunned in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-Mar-2007, 05:42
  3. Please correct
    By esophea in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-Jan-2006, 06:16
  4. Are All IELTS Answers Correct?
    By artast in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-Aug-2005, 00:46
  5. Is it correct?
    By Abusaad in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-Jan-2005, 22:43

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •