Post Could you point out the problems in the following sentences?

Hi dear all,

here next are some sentences I translated from Chinese, I'd like to write here and it would be great if any one of you could take a look at them and let me know if they're acceptable or to be improved.

1 . Although hes single and living in an alien place, hes still as cheerful and beaming, gentle and cultivated, honest and modest as what his workmates and students think of him.

2.After all, her father has been around the block more than she has , he would know what kind of person her boyfriend is even by a slight glance.

3. The overwhelming tornado turned out last August, bringing in a tremendous damage to seven countries, has drawn the scientists great attention around the globe.

Re: Could you point out the problems in the following sentences?

Hello

My versions:

Although hes single and living away from home, hes still as cheerful and beaming, gentle and cultivated, honest and modest as what his workmates and students think of him. OK to me.

After all, her father has been around more than she has, he would know what kind of person her boyfriend is, even by a slight glance.

The overwhelming tornado of last August, causing tremendous damage to seven countries, has been a matter of much concern among scientist around the world.