He masterminded the plot and claimed the bulk of the reward money.
What is the meaning of bulk in the above sentence?
- The AHD
- Size, mass, or volume, especially when very large.
- A distinct mass or portion of matter, especially a large one: the dark bulk of buildings against the sky.
- The body of a human, especially when large or muscular.
- The major portion or greater part: “The great bulk of necessary work can never be anything but painful” (Bertrand Russell).
- See fiber (sense 6).
- Thickness of paper or cardboard in relation to weight.
- A ship's cargo.
Pope of the Dictionary.com Forum