Question Hi, can you correct my short story

It suppose to have introduction, body, and conclusion

It was a cold stormy night. It was very late. My friend Nadia and I were rushing home.

On the way home, we spoted a black cat with ared collar around her nick, We thought it was lost and it is belonged to someone. Nadia tried to take her, but it ran away, I convinced Nadia to follow that cat. We did. It led us to an old house with an old fence, dead tree, and bats just flying everywhere. I was scared to death, the place looked as if it was a cemetery. We walked slowly and close to each other. Finally, we reached to the door in short time.but it felt like forever.

When we got there, I absolutely refused to open the door. Nadia said:" It is your idea in the first place to follow that cat! And you refuse to go through with this!!". Therefore, I took a deep breath. I reached to the door knob, I was extremely horrified. I opened the door. It ws dark. We stood at the doorstep, staring, our eyes were wide open. Suddenly, we heard someone whispering, we couldn't figure out what it was saying. We entered. Waliking slowly scared to death. Then, this whisper turned into a giggle. I stood motionless, I looked at Nadia she were pale as if her blood stopped flouting through her vains. I tried to talk, but I couldn't, Nadia understood my signals. We rushed eagerly to the door. Finally were out od the this crazy house.

When Nadia and I got out of this house, lights were flashing someone was screaming. Then. we realized that we entered a movie set and the cat was part of the act!.

Re: Hi, can you correct my short story

Quote Originally Posted by -MeeMz- View Post

It was a cold stormy night. It was very late. My friend Nadia and I were rushing home.

On the way home, we spotted a black cat with a red collar around her neck We thought it ["her" in the previous sentence] was lost and it is belonged to someone. Nadia tried to take her, but it [must be the same - either "her" or "it"] ran away, I convinced Nadia to follow that cat. We did. It led us to an old house with an old fence, dead tree, and bats just flying everywhere. I was scared to death, the place looked as if it was a cemetery. We walked slowly and close to each other. Finally, we reached to the door in a short time, but it felt like forever.

When we got there, I absolutely refused to open the door. Nadia said:" It is your idea in the first place to follow that cat! And you refuse to go through with this!!". [no full stop needed here] Therefore, I took a deep breath. I reached to the door knob, I was extremely horrified [frightened]. I opened the door. It was dark. We stood at the doorstep, staring, our eyes were wide open. Suddenly, we heard someone whispering, we couldn't figure out what it was saying. We entered. Walking slowly, scared to death. Then, this whisper turned into a giggle. I stood motionless, I looked at Nadia. She was as pale as if her blood stopped flowing through her veins. I tried to talk, but I couldn't, Nadia understood my signals. We rushed eagerly to the door. Finally we were out of this crazy house.

When Nadia and I got out of this house, lights were flashing and someone was screaming. Then we realized that we had entered a movie set and the cat was part of the act!.
    Nice little tale! Its construction is fine.

Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

It's supposed to have an introduction, body, and conclusion.

It was a cold and stormy night....
    Rushing home from what? To what purpose?

On the way home, we spoted a black cat with ared collar around her nick,

On the way home we spotted a black cat with a red collar around its neck.

We thought it was lost and it is belonged to someone. Nadia tried to take her, but it ran away, I convinced Nadia to follow that cat. We did. It led us to an old house with an old fence, dead tree, and bats just flying everywhere. I was scared to death, the place looked as if it was a cemetery. We walked slowly and close to each other. Finally, we reached to the door in short time.but it felt like forever.

We thought it was lost and that it was....

Nadia tried to pick it up....
    How did you convince Nadia to follow the cat?

Were the bats just flying everywhere or were they flying just everywhere?

You don't use the word "Finally" unless a long time has passed. Also, no door ("the door") had been mentioned previously.

When we got there, I absolutely refused to open the door.

"When we got there" doesn't make sense. It doesn't fit with the previous sentence. Also, a person doesn't refuse to do something unless he has been asked to do it.

Nadia said:" It is your idea in the first place to follow that cat!

Nadia said, "It was your idea to follow that cat.
    The relevance of that escapes me.

And you refuse to go through with this!!". Therefore, I took a deep breath. I reached to the door knob, I was extremely horrified. I opened the door. It ws dark. We stood at the doorstep, staring, our eyes were wide open. Suddenly, we heard someone whispering, we couldn't figure out what it was saying. We entered. Waliking slowly scared to death. Then, this whisper turned into a giggle. I stood motionless, I looked at Nadia she were pale as if her blood stopped flouting through her vains. I tried to talk, but I couldn't, Nadia understood my signals. We rushed eagerly to the door. Finally were out od the this crazy house.
    ?

When Nadia and I got out of this house, lights were flashing someone was screaming. Then. we realized that we entered a movie set and the cat was part of the act!.
    When Nadia and I got out of the house lights were flashing and someone was screaming. Then we realized that we had stumbled upon a movie set and that the cat was part of the movie.
    Rewrite!

~R

thank you very much