• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

facing the internal critic

The followings is about how to generate creative ideas ( it is a kind of activity to practice a way to be creative) and i am not sure about some of the parts. Please help me to get it.

Make a list of new toy ideas for kids ages six to eight.[COLOR="Red"]1. Each time you are stopped,[/COLOR] write down your thoughts on a separate list. Continue until you have at least six 2. " idea stopper.' now go back and 3.write down ideas that deliberately violate or disobey , every one. perhaps you wrote " kids' won't like it. 4. Write some unlikeable toy ideas.

1. what does it mean by each time you are stopped?

2. what does it mean by idea stopper?

3. what does it mean write down.... , every one. ( especailly what does evey one indicates?

4. what does it mean by some unlikeable toy ideas?

I would appreciate any help you provide.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: facing the internal critic

The exercise recommends that you write down a list of six different children's toys that you'd like to invent, or that you think would sell well. An "idea stopper" is a negative point about any of the ideas you've made on that list. For example, if #1 on your toy list was "Rubik's Cube", an idea stopper for that might be "too complicated" or "not enough action involved, people will find it boring." You are supposed to write down any negatives or "idea stoppers" next to each toy on your list. By seeing the negative points in print, you will be able to analyze and perhaps rebut them.

An idea for a bad children's toy would be something like Johnny Human Torch, a doll that comes with a bag of oily rags and a cigarette lighter. It is inappropriate for your target audience.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

Thanks for your answer. It was great helpful for me to get the sentence. By the way, I lived in Ann Arbour , Michigan for a couple of years and now I am missing Michigan. Anyway thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouisch View Post
    Johnny Human Torch, a doll that comes with a bag of oily rags and a cigarette lighter.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

In the UK, Marks & Spencer have taken a toy off the shelves as it was deemed inappropriate. It was a female doll in skimpy clothes complete with a pole dancing accessory.