Student or Learner
Again I have a couple of questoins and I would appreciate any help you provide.
1. Laurence, CEO of Warner Books, says: my reacation to the book ( titled the rules, which is about how to get Mr. Right)is one of great sadness in that if this is what relations between the sexes have come down to , I think we are in trouble. He is weeping all the way to the bank.
2. Also, what does it mean by hit a nerve?
.. the book hit a nerve among women like Kathy, a thirtyish Hollywood movie producer..
3. The book help cut down on the domestic violence and men don't cheat on you either. If nothing else, Rules girls have a spirit of adventure.
( what does it mean by if nothing else??)
2. Hit a nerve = was a sensitive subject, evoked a reaction
3. That means even if you can't say anything else about this group, you can say that.
Pope of the Dictionary.com Forum