• Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

Cool come down to

Hello!
    Again I have a couple of questoins and I would appreciate any help you provide.

1. Laurence, CEO of Warner Books, says: my reacation to the book ( titled the rules, which is about how to get Mr. Right)is one of great sadness in that if this is what relations between the sexes have come down to , I think we are in trouble. He is weeping all the way to the bank.

2. Also, what does it mean by hit a nerve?
    .. the book hit a nerve among women like Kathy, a thirtyish Hollywood movie producer..

3. The book help cut down on the domestic violence and men don't cheat on you either. If nothing else, Rules girls have a spirit of adventure.
    ( what does it mean by if nothing else??)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: come down to

Quote Originally Posted by bosun View Post
    Hello!
    Again I have a couple of questoins and I would appreciate any help you provide.

1. Laurence, CEO of Warner Books, says: my reacation to the book ( titled the rules, which is about how to get Mr. Right)is one of great sadness in that if this is what relations between the sexes have come down to , I think we are in trouble. He is weeping all the way to the bank.

2. Also, what does it mean by hit a nerve?
    .. the book hit a nerve among women like Kathy, a thirtyish Hollywood movie producer..

3. The book help cut down on the domestic violence and men don't cheat on you either. If nothing else, Rules girls have a spirit of adventure.
    ( what does it mean by if nothing else??)
    1 The head of the company who publidhed the book is not happy with what the book has to say. The last sentence points out that the book is making him money even though he appears to be unhappy.

2. Hit a nerve = was a sensitive subject, evoked a reaction

3. That means even if you can't say anything else about this group, you can say that.