Please Check and Correct

Last weekend was gone well for me as I went for long drive. Actually i owe this opportunity due to my close friend. He called me on Friday night and asked me to join him for a long drive. I asked him about the destination for long drive, and then he replied, trust me; you would enjoy a lot in the long drive. I taught for a while and decided to join him for the same.

In the next morning we started at 6:30 am. We mat to each other at the pre decided Gas Station and we both filled gas in our cars and moved from there towards Chicago. We had fun on all the way and visited few temples and churches. We reached Chicago around 7 pm in the evening. We had a dinner in restaurant, which was famous in the city. We started from there around 10 pm toward home and reached safely around 4 am. Altogether it was funny and nice trip for us.

Re: Please Check and Correct

Last weekend went well for me because I went for a long drive. Actually it was thanks to a good friend of mine that I ended up going on this drive. He called me on Friday night and asked if I wanted to go with him. I asked him where he was planning on going and he said to just trust him, that it would be fun. I thought about it for a while, then decided to go with him.
    The next morning we started at 6:30am. We met at a gas station and we both put gas in our cars then started driving towards Chicago. We had fun on the way and visited a few temples and churches. We got to Chicago at around 7 in the evening. We had dinner at a famous restaurant. We started driving home at 10pm and arrived home around 4am.
    It was a great trip.