some questions

Hi, I have some questions, who I am not sure, if I understand them correct, so I ask you:
    1)"The company has a liaison office in India" Does "liaison office" = branche mean
    2)"..and expects to step up its sourcing of items such as apparel, textiles and shoes from India"
    to step up = to rise?
    3)What does it mean "multiple-brand retailer"
    4)"cash-and-carry wholesale model": I think this is a store who is so called "cash and carry"
    5)"regulatory framework" are the terms needed to be executed some operation,?
    6)"thanks to a our regulatory framework, there is no way that a foreign company will be able to bulldoze an Indian retailer"
    to bulldoze = to make a terror?
    7)In this sentence I didn't catch the meaning:
    "Organised, or branded, ratail makes up only 3 % of the market..."

Thank you

Re: some questions

Quote Originally Posted by me78 View Post
    Hi, I have some questions, who I am not sure, if I understand them correct, so I ask you:
    1)"The company has a liaison office in India" Does "liaison office" = branche mean It has an office which acts as go-between for offices in India and out of India
    2)"..and expects to step up its sourcing of items such as apparel, textiles and shoes from India"
    to step up = to rise? Increase
    3)What does it mean "multiple-brand retailer" The company sells more than one brand of items - ie Versace, Gucci and Dior
    4)"cash-and-carry wholesale model": I think this is a store who is so called "cash and carry" This indicates that the item being sold is not on retail to the general public, but is sold at discount to wholesalers for selling on.
    5)"regulatory framework" are the terms needed to be executed some operation,? Any industry needs to have some form of regulation to operate satisfactory - the structure of the regulations will be the regulatory framework (like the concrete pillars supporting a multi-storey building)
    6)"thanks to a our regulatory framework, there is no way that a foreign company will be able to bulldoze an Indian retailer"
    to bulldoze = to make a terror? To bulldoze implies that something is run over by a large entity - think of bulldozers building roads and pushing everything out of the way.
    7)In this sentence I didn't catch the meaning:
    "Organised, or branded, ratail makes up only 3 % of the market..." Within the market being discussed (?clothing), only 3% of the items sold carry a company logo.

Thank you