considerate

Hi, teachers,
    There are 3 questions?
    1\If he just considerate, they will over expect and wishes.
    I think here is a mistake in the clause, we should say if he is just considerate, am I right?
    2\There should be no resting content with one's knowledge. How to understand resting content here?
    3\ Don't quote my words out of context! Does this sentence mean no one could quote his words in some other articles, or it means do not understand the meaning of the word in some other situations. which is correct or both two are wrong.
    thanks
    Last edited by wuwei; 28-Dec-2006 at 11:27.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: considerate

1 Yes, but the second half looks weird too- the 'over' seems a bit lost.
    2 content = happy- you should never 'rest content' (=happily) with your knowledge- there's always something more to learn.
    3 It means that if they are taken out of context, they could be misunderstood; so, if you quote them, then explain the context in which they were said.

Hi, Tdol
    1\ I am also confused about the exact meaning of this sentence because of the usage of 'over', I have consulted my dictionary and found expect could not be used as a noun, how to understand 'over' here?
    2\ In other words, does it mean that I should never be satisfied with my knowledge, am I right?
    Thanks

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

I'm not sure, but I think it is meant as a prefix meaning 'too much'- they will expect too much if he is just and considerate.
    2 Yes