1. Guest

Help

Before touching the device, hand-holding, circuit boards, or ASICs, wear a grounded electrostatic discharge (ESD) wrist strap. It can prevent the sensitive components from being damaged by the static electricity in the human body.
    Is the author referring hand-holding to a holder?
    Else is this rephrase correct?
    Wear an electrostatic discharge (ESD) wrist strap when holding, removing, or installing the circuit boards, or Asics. Fasten the ESD wrist strap around your wrist, and attach the other end of the ESD strap to the grounding end of the equipment. Figure 1-1 shows the diagram of wearing an ESD.
    My reviewer told me hand-holding is referred to a holder (

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Help

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Wear an electrostatic discharge (ESD) wrist strap when holding, removing, or installing the circuit boards, or Asics. Fasten the ESD wrist strap around your wrist, and attach the other end of the ESD strap to the grounding end of the equipment (see Figure 1-1). shows the diagram of wearing an ESD.
    I've never heard of a 'hand-holding' in the field of hardware design; that doesn't mean it doesn't exist though.

Does the equipment have a specific/dedicated 'grounding end'? Usually, maintenance engineers just connect the ESD with a crocodile clip to any bare metal in the chassis. I think you can delete the sentence about the figure; it is a diagram, but that's obvious!

b