Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1

    Hi to all

    Hi to all

    Wishing you a New Year filled with new hope, new joy & new beginnings....

    Happy 2007

    crazy

  2. Harry Smith's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 2,932
    #2

    Re: Hi to all

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_english06@yahoo.com View Post
    Hi to all

    Wishing you a New Year filled with new hope, new joy & new beginnings....

    Happy 2007

    crazy
    The same to you! We usually celebrate New Year before Christmas which is on January 6.

  3. curmudgeon's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Mar 2006
    • Posts: 1,657
    #3

    Re: Hi to all

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    The same to you! We usually celebrate New Year before Christmas which is on January 6.
    I think if you had enough money to travel round the world you could probably find something to celebrate every week

  4. Harry Smith's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 2,932
    #4

    Re: Hi to all

    Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
    I think if you had enough money to travel round the world you could probably find something to celebrate every week
    Why not? But it's true that Armenian Christmas is celebrated on January 6.

  5. curmudgeon's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Mar 2006
    • Posts: 1,657
    #5

    Re: Hi to all

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Why not? But it's true that Armenian Christmas is celebrated on January 6.
    Yes, I read that somewhere. I think it is also different in the Netherlands but not sure. In any case 25th December is just an arbitary date that was convenient for the church to denote as Christ's birthday. I think it was originally a pagan celebration day. So in Armenia Christ was born on January 6th?

  6. Harry Smith's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 2,932
    #6

    Re: Hi to all

    Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
    Yes, I read that somewhere. I think it is also different in the Netherlands but not sure. In any case 25th December is just an arbitary date that was convenient for the church to denote as Christ's birthday. I think it was originally a pagan celebration day. So in Armenia Christ was born on January 6th?
    Not only Christ but also my son who is very alike to him.

  7. curmudgeon's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Mar 2006
    • Posts: 1,657
    #7

    Re: Hi to all

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Not only Christ but also my son who is very alike to him.
    Did you call him Jesus Smith?

  8. Harry Smith's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 2,932
    #8

    Re: Hi to all

    Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
    Did you call him Jesus Smith?
    No, but his name isn't worse: Armen Darbinyan.

  9. curmudgeon's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Mar 2006
    • Posts: 1,657
    #9

    Re: Hi to all

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    No, but his name isn't worse: Armen Darbinyan.

    I can see him playing for Chelsea

    By the way, when you say 'isn't worse' do you mean 'just as bad'? - that's the normal phrase.

  10. Harry Smith's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

    • Join Date: Aug 2006
    • Posts: 2,932
    #10

    Re: Hi to all

    Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
    I can see him playing for Chelsea

    By the way, when you say 'isn't worse' do you mean 'just as bad'? - that's the normal phrase.
    I meant his name is as sacred for me as Christ's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •