warming

Hi,

could you please tell me the possible meanings of "warming" in the following text:

Big interviewing and "warming".

Unfortunately, I donīt have more context, but it is probably about introducing new products and propagation. Could you think of any possible meanings? The word is put in quotation marks.

Thank you very much.

Hanka

Re: warming

What about?

warm someone up
    to cause someone to become more relaxed and friendly.

Ex: It is a good idea to warm up an audience with a few amusing stories before talking about serious things.

Etymology: based on the literal meaning of warm something up (= to cause the temperature of something to increase)

Source

Happy New Year!

Oh. Just thought of something else. A warmer, different spelling, is a small get-together. The purpose is to get to know a new employee, friend, etc.

This is really hard without context.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
    Hi,
    could you please tell me the possible meanings of "warming" in the following text:
    Big interviewing and "warming".
    Unfortunately, I donīt have more context, but it is probably about introducing new products and propagation. Could you think of any possible meanings? The word is put in quotation marks.
    Thank you very much.
    Hanka

Happy New Year! Hanka.

As Casiopeia said, this is very hard without context. But I should think it's something to do with CRM (fairly new buzzword, for 'Customer Relations Management' - very popular in some circles, especially among people trying to sell 'CRM software'). I haven't met either expression before, but I'd guess that Big interviewing was a way of improving customer relations (warming) by means of marketing encounters (not selling anything) with smallish groups of customers.

b