Please help me!

Hi, Could someone please paraphrase the poem for me? (about 100-120 words)
    The Man Who Thinks He Can
    by Waler D. Wintle

If you think you are beaten, you are;
    If you think you dare not, you don't.
    If you would like to win but think you can't
    It's almost a cinch you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you're lost,
    For out in the world we find,
    Success begins with a fellow's will,
    It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you're outclassed, you are;
    You've got to think high to rise,
    You've got to be sure of yourself before
    You can ever win a prize.

Life's battles don't always go
    To the stronger or faster man;
    But sooner or later, the man who wins
    Is the man who thinks he can.

Last edited by asad hussain; 03-Jan-2007 at 13:24.

Re: Please help me!

Hi,
    I have paraphrased the poem. Now, could you please have a look at it for anything ungrammatical, weird or jerky?

Paraphrase
    All the virtues depend on the one virtue of perseverance. It is lack of perseverance not lack of ability, that is the cause of most of failures. If a man just craves achieving victory, but hesitates, gets discouraged at every small rebuff, and doesn’t persevere in overcoming any difficulty, there is a great chance of his failure. So, great success can only be achieved when someone is sure about oneself. But if we are not fully aware of our abilities, and not confident about our success, we have failed. Because will-power is the core of success. Hence, we should always keep our thinking high with self-confidence and competency. After all life is a constant war, in which the man who has will-power rather than physical strength, surely wins.

Looking forward to your help,

Asad Hussain

What about?

Paraphrase
    All the virtues depend on the one virtue of perseverance. It is lack of perseverance, not lack of ability, that is the cause of most failures. If a person craves achieving victory, but hesitates, gets discouraged at every small rebuff and doesn’t persevere in overcoming any difficulty, there is a great chance that person will fail. So, great success can only be achieved when someone is sure of oneself. We have failed if we are not fully aware of our abilities, and if we lack confidence in attaining our goals. Will-power is the key to success. After all, life is a constant battle and a person who has will-power rather than physical strength will surely win.

Thank a lot, Casiopea . But is correct to omit the line "Hence, we should always keep our thinking high with self-confidence and competency." in the paraphrase, when the poet articulated the lines "If you think you are outclassed, you are; you've got to think high to rise."?I have never done paraphrasing before.But I read the fact that we can neither omit anything, nor we can add anything to paraphrase.