Hello, I am studying English in university,and I am getting ready for my exams that’s why I ask you a lot of questions every day,I appreciate that u answer my questions patiently.againg I have some questions:if it is possible tell me the reason for answers.
1. Everyone (enjoyed/was enjoying)himself at the party.
2. we reached the lake Just as the sun (set/was setting).
3. the family (was/were)eating dinner when the telephone rang.
4. the hero was embracing the heroine when someone in theater shouted FIRE.(meaning)
AS YOU KNOW THERE ARE 5 WAYS TO EXPRESS FUTURE TIME. So add the other ways of future time for following sentences:
1. he will call you tomorrow.
2. the play will begin at 7 p.m on Sunday evening.
3. I will need your help in a few minutes.
4. the travel agency will plan our itinerary.
5. the plane will arrive at 10 o‘clock.
6. they will write us from London in a few days.
7. the store will close soon.
ARE THESE SENTENCES CORRECT:
1. I shall be arriving.
2. she will be paying me back next week.
3. he will be finishing his book this year.
4. I will be helping you wash the dishes.
5. we will be having more time later to do that.
Ways of expressing Future Tense:
1. He will come soon. [ future simple]
2. He is coming soon.[ present continuous]
3. He is about to come soon.[ be about to]
4. He will have come by the time you arrive there.[future perfect]
5. He comes soon.[present tense]
All the other sentences are correct.