meaning

Hi,

I have two questions concerning the two highlighted parts of the below sentence:

If the Executive is absent due to sickness or injury duly certified in accordance with the provisions above, he shall be paid his full remuneration hereunder as granted by law, but in minimum for up to 3 months in any period of 12 consecutive months provided that such remuneration shall be inclusive ot any statutory sick pay to which the Executive is entitled under the relevant provisions or other benetits recoverable by the Executive (whether or not recovered) may be deducted there from.

1) Does "in minimum for up to 3 months" make sense? I would say "in minimum for 3 months".
    2) Does the last part of the sentence make sense? I think that it is a mistake and this text should not be included.

Thank you very much.

Hanka

Re: meaning

1: "up to three months" will be correct here - it allows for a period of time from one day to three months for the minimum payments.

2: If the Executive is absent due to sickness or injury duly certified in accordance with the provisions above, he shall be paid his full remuneration hereunder as granted by law, but in minimum for up to 3 months in any period of 12 consecutive months, provided that such remuneration shall be inclusive of any statutory sick pay to which the Executive is entitled under the relevant provisions, or other benefits recoverable by the Executive (whether or not recovered) may be deducted therefrom.

It looks as though it means that recoverable benefits might be deducted from the minimum remuneration if it includes statutory sick pay. Not quite clear.

Are you sure that "minimum" refers to payments? I thought it refers to the period....
    Do I understand the meaning of your version correctly? = "the remuneration will be paid in minimum amount for a period of up to 3 months" ???

Thank you very much.

Um, yes, reading it again, it could well be that the full pay is paid for up to three months of the sickness within any twelve months.

Looking again at the ending, I think it could mean that if the Executive on sick leave claims any benefits from [Social Services], that this sum will be deducted from the remuneration.

Great! Thanks for your help!!!