Results 1 to 8 of 8

    • Join Date: Jan 2007
    • Posts: 1,740
    #1

    meaning of enacting, slokas, stuff

    This time, we caught the angry young man Amit enacting comedy scenes under the supervision of his guru Ravi. We also caught Carol learning slokas from Ravi. It certainly is fun watching the celebrities do stuff they have never done before.


    What is the meaning of `enacting', `slokas', `stuff' here?


    • Join Date: Sep 2006
    • Posts: 132
    #2

    Re: meaning of enacting, slokas, stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by user_gary View Post
    This time, we caught the angry young man Amit enacting comedy scenes under the supervision of his guru Ravi. We also caught Carol learning slokas from Ravi. It certainly is fun watching the celebrities do stuff they have never done before.


    What is the meaning of `enacting', `slokas', `stuff' here?

    enact - to act or perform

    Slokas - Sacred versus of the Hindus

    Stuff - actions, things


    • Join Date: Jan 2007
    • Posts: 1,740
    #3

    Re: meaning of enacting, slokas, stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by sandhya.sha View Post
    enact - to act or perform

    Slokas - Sacred versus of the Hindus

    Stuff - actions, things

    sacred versus of the Hindus.

    What is versus?


    • Join Date: Oct 2006
    • Posts: 19,434
    #4

    Re: meaning of enacting, slokas, stuff

    Slokas - Sacred versus of the Hindus>>>>>>Sacred verses of the Hindus




    • Join Date: Sep 2006
    • Posts: 132
    #5

    Re: meaning of enacting, slokas, stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    Slokas - Sacred versus of the Hindus>>>>>>Sacred verses of the Hindus



    Oops! Sorry for the typo.

    Thanks


    • Join Date: Jan 2007
    • Posts: 1,740
    #6

    Re: meaning of enacting, slokas, stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    Slokas - Sacred versus of the Hindus>>>>>>Sacred verses of the Hindus


    As Sandhya told, it is verses only. But even I don't know the meaning of verses.

    What is versus?

    Could you tell me?


    • Join Date: Sep 2006
    • Posts: 132
    #7

    Re: meaning of enacting, slokas, stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by user_gary View Post
    As Sandhya told, it is verses only. But even I don't know the meaning of verses.

    What is versus?

    Could you tell me?
    Verse - writing that is arranged in lines, often with a regular rhythm or pattern of rhyme,
    a group of lines that form a unit in a poem or song: e.g. a hymn with six verses



    a sloka is a sacred poem of the Hindus which are somewhat similar to hymns.

    For more details, check out this link
    Shloka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    • Join Date: Jan 2007
    • Posts: 1,740
    #8

    Re: meaning of enacting, slokas, stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by sandhya.sha View Post
    Verse - writing that is arranged in lines, often with a regular rhythm or pattern of rhyme,
    a group of lines that form a unit in a poem or song: e.g. a hymn with six verses



    a sloka is a sacred poem of the Hindus which are somewhat similar to hymns.

    For more details, check out this link
    Shloka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Thank you -- Sandhya.

Similar Threads

  1. Sense and Meaning
    By Infinity in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-Oct-2005, 10:39
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-Sep-2005, 14:36
  3. UNDERSTAND MEANING...please help
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-Jun-2005, 04:49
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-Jun-2005, 04:10

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •