Student or Learner
A. The movie is a surprise purely because it’s not a disaster. In fact it has a lot going for it.
- What does “it has a lot going for it” mean in this sentence?
B. I have not watched a movie that made me cry this hard in a while.
- I think “this much” is better than “this hard”, right?
Thanks a million
have going for one
Have in one's favor or of benefit to one. For example,
 They have enough going for them that their new store should be a success.
Mary is very talented; she has a lot going for her.
1. With strenuous effort; intently: worked hard all day; stared hard at the accused criminal.
2. With great force, vigor, or energy: pressed hard on the lever.
3. With great distress, grief, or bitterness: took the divorce hard.