1. sarkis

Post speaking skill

my name is SARKIS and I live in LOS ANGELES I went for two
    years an adult English school but still I can't speak I wonder
    how I can do it

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: speaking skill

I am an American; I was born and raised here in the United States. Until the age of 20, I lived my entire life here in the United States. I was about 20 or 21 years old before I even began learning a foriegn language. I was extremely intimidated at first, and it took me about two years to overcome my fear of making mistakes or "sounding stupid."

1) My advice to you is that you HAVE to practice. Even if you make mistakes, you will learn from your mistakes.

2) Don't EVER assume that you will one day speak PERFECT English. Native speakers do not even speak perfect English. If you will agree that perfection is impossible, then why make it your goal? Try this instead: strive to be able to understand what others are saying, and strive to be understood.

3) If you're serious about improving your English, you have to practice, practice, practice. Make realistic goals for yourself, such as learning a new word every week, or translating a song from your language into English.

4) TALK to Americans! You live here in the United States, you have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the language. (If you lived in Australia, Britian, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, etc, etc, etc, I would say the same thing, only change the nationality.)