Anyone there to help me out?

Could someone please look at following text for grammar mistakes and weird sentence, and add something, if they feel any need?

Activity
    This week the students did an interesting activity about how to sow. All the children brought a jam-bottle, about 6 to 7 seeds, and some cotton with them. At first they filled the bottles with some water, and then capped them with some cotton. In the end they put the seeds on it. Throughout the whole week the students observed how the seeds germinated, as the rate of the experiment was quite slow.

Aim
    The experimental activity aims at introducing the children to planting and germination, and helping them understand how they can preserve the environment from pollution, plus reinforcing their observation skills.

Re: Anyone there to help me out?

Activity
    This week the (children) did (carried out) an interesting activity about how to sow. All the children brought a (jam jar), about 6 to 7 seeds, and (a piece of) cotton with them. (First) they (each) filled (a bottle) with some water and then capped (it) with (the) cotton. (They then placed) the seeds on it.
    (They then observed the seeds germinating for about a week as the germination was slow.)

Aim
    The experimental activity aims at introducing the children to planting and germination, and helping them understand how they can preserve the environment from pollution, plus reinforcing their observation skills.

I hope I haven't changed your context too much.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Activity

This week the students performed an interesting activity on seed germination and plant growth. The students each brought an empty jam jar, six or seven plant seeds, and a piece of cotton to school. They put some water in their jars, covered the mouths of the jars with their cotton, and placed their seeds on top of the cotton. Throughout week, the students observed the slow progress from seeds to germinated seedlings.

Aim

This experiment introduces the students to the concept of plant growth, and helps them understand the effects that the environment can have on that growth.

Won't there be "the" before "week", i.e. Throughout (the) week?

Smile Re: Anyone there to help me out?

Throughout the week....