can't deal with a text

Hi!
    I'm translating a leaflet for a music band (of course they're not very famous because they've come to me to do those things ) The thing is that they want to play abroad.

And well, I'm not very convinced about the begining, it still doesn't sound well to me (well in some way it does... I'm not sure... dunno)

This is the begining of the text:

"
    Voltor formed in 2002 in Aldaia (l'Horta sud) by conscious will, and grew by performing in several gigs throughout the Valencian Land, thus making themselves known to the greater people. Two years latter, a 4-track demo is recorded in which we can appreciate a great metallic vent to overwhelming guitars and percussion and above all a ripped voice, always relying on collaborators of wind instruments which gives the counterpoint."

And if you feel like correcting all the text, tell and I will post it

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by willem; 28-Jan-2007 at 15:40.

Re: can't deal with a text

"Voltor formed in 2002 in Aldaia (l'Horta sud) by conscious will, and grew by performing in several gigs throughout the Valencian Land, thus making themselves known to the greater people. Two years latter, a 4-track demo is recorded in which we can appreciate a great metallic vent to overwhelming guitars and percussion and above all a ripped voice, always relying on collaborators of wind instruments which gives the counterpoint."

I see what you mean about the introduction!

"Voltor was formed [by xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx] in 2002 in Aldaia and has a growing reputation following several performances in the Valencia region. In 2004, a 4-track demo was recorded in which can be appreciated the way in which the guitars and percussion have a strongly metallic voice counterpointed by the wind instruments."

Mind you, I haven't heard them so have no idea if this reflects what they sound like.

Re: can't deal with a text

Many thanks!