• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

• Post Thanks / Like

What is mid-rnage premium wines ,jug wines, and wine coolers?

Hello Everyone,

I have several questions here .

1. Could you please describe mid-range premium wines,jug wines, and wine coolers?Does mid-range premium mean middle class wine?

2. What is the meaning of get around it in the following pragraph?
    ..."This issue of competition has been a sticking point before for the Department of Transportation when two airlines wanted to get together.How will Texas Air get around it this time?"...

3. I am always confused about the meaning of anyway in many cases.I can't catch it exact meaning? Please review the following paragraph.
    "Mm,hm.Now , if the deal is approved by the Department of Transportation, what is it likely to mean for consumers? If there is less competition the fares could possibly go up.'
    "Well, yes You would think that when you move from competitiors in a market to just one airliner that prices would have to go up. But I want you to keep in mind that unrestricted fare of the kind people Express offered, you know , wholesale unrestricted fares ,were being eliminated and phased out anyway because they were not profitable...

4. In the following , I think though, and nonetheless have the same meaning?Why are they used together?

"My audiences have been very devoted over the years throughout the country. And they have expanded and grown and the country audience has been ust as kind and as supportive as the fold audience has been."

"I was thinking though, nonetheless, when i put on this album, 'The Last of the True Believer,' especially the title cut, that I heard more country there than I'd perhaps heard before."

and what does the word cut mean here?

5. What does prose hero mean?

He is my main prose hero.

6. Please explain Duo call Duo Guar buranco to me?
    ...And that song was inspired at the Vancouver Folk Festival by two people who are from Managua,Nicaragua.They have a duo call Duo Guar Buranco.

So many questions here! Thank you all !

Regards

weiqun

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is mid-rnage premium wines ,jug wines, and wine coolers?

A jug wine is a less expensive variety of wine that is usually sold in large glass jugs. It is the type of wine an average person or family might have at home with dinner.

Premium wines are the most expensibr varieties. They are at the high end of the quality and price spectrum. Some premiums can run thousands of dollars per bottle; a mid-range premium would probably cost anywhere from $20 to $100, depending upon the type and vintage.

..."This issue of competition has been a sticking point before for the Department of Transportation when two airlines wanted to get together.How will Texas Air get around it this time?"...

"Get around it" means to cut through red tape, to avoid rules or regulations, to take bureaucratic short cuts in order to get something approved.

3. I am always confused about the meaning of anyway in many cases.I can't catch it exact meaning? Please review the following paragraph.
    "Mm,hm.Now , if the deal is approved by the Department of Transportation, what is it likely to mean for consumers? If there is less competition the fares could possibly go up.'
    "Well, yes You would think that when you move from competitiors in a market to just one airliner that prices would have to go up. But I want you to keep in mind that unrestricted fare of the kind people Express offered, you know , wholesale unrestricted fares ,were being eliminated and phased out anyway because they were not profitable...

In this case, "anyway" means the same thing as "regardless" or "nevertheless." The first person being quoted is making the theory that if there are only a small number of airlines for consumers to choose from, the ticket prices will increase because there is less competition. The second person is disputing this theory. He points out that People's Express (an airline that operated in the 1980s) offered deeply discounted fares, and they still didn't attract enough passengers and had to go out of business.

4. In the following , I think though, and nonetheless have the same meaning?Why are they used together?

"My audiences have been very devoted over the years throughout the country. And they have expanded and grown and the country audience has been ust as kind and as supportive as the fold audience has been."

"I was thinking though, nonetheless, when i put on this album, 'The Last of the True Believer,' especially the title cut, that I heard more country there than I'd perhaps heard before."

Yes, in this case "though" and "nonetheless" both mean the same thing. Why did he use both words? Some people are just unconsciously repetitive when speaking.

On a record album or music CD, a "cut" refers to an individual track or song. The "title cut" refers to the title song; that is, the song that the album is named after. For example, the song "Imagine" is the title cut on John Lennon's Imagine album.

A favorite fiction author.

...And that song was inspired at the Vancouver Folk Festival by two people who are from Managua,Nicaragua.They have a duo call Duo Guar Buranco.

It should say "duo called Duo Guar Buranco." A duo refers to two people. In this case, it refers to two people who perform together musically under the name Duo Guar Buranco.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is mid-rnage premium wines ,jug wines, and wine coolers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ouisch View Post
    A jug wine is a less expensive variety of wine that is usually sold in large glass jugs. It is the type of wine an average person or family might have at home with dinner.

Premium wines are the most expensibr varieties. They are at the high end of the quality and price spectrum. Some premiums can run thousands of dollars per bottle; a mid-range premium would probably cost anywhere from $20 to $100, depending upon the type and vintage.

"Get around it" means to cut through red tape, to avoid rules or regulations, to take bureaucratic short cuts in order to get something approved.

In this case, "anyway" means the same thing as "regardless" or "nevertheless." The first person being quoted is making the theory that if there are only a small number of airlines for consumers to choose from, the ticket prices will increase because there is less competition. The second person is disputing this theory. He points out that People's Express (an airline that operated in the 1980s) offered deeply discounted fares, and they still didn't attract enough passengers and had to go out of business.

Yes, in this case "though" and "nonetheless" both mean the same thing. Why did he use both words? Some people are just unconsciously repetitive when speaking.

On a record album or music CD, a "cut" refers to an individual track or song. The "title cut" refers to the title song; that is, the song that the album is named after. For example, the song "Imagine" is the title cut on John Lennon's Imagine album.

A favorite fiction author.

It should say "duo called Duo Guar Buranco." A duo refers to two people. In this case, it refers to two people who perform together musically under the name Duo Guar Buranco.

Thank you!