Smile get him used it

"He doesn't like doinggg-ing sounds, as I made a big fuss of the most scaredy-cat dog in the world.
    "But Mum says we've got to get him used it, and we can help by reassuring him if he's frightened of a noise."
    It had been a couple of days now, and we'd realized that DIB(dog in black) had a real phobia of the theme tune to the news on telly, and the sound of the toilet being flushed, as well as the doorbell.

For a start, does get him used it mean get him to used to it? Is it often used by native speakers>

Second, is theme tune equal to theme song in the context? Are they interchangeable in any situation?

Thanks.

Re: get him used it

Quote Originally Posted by piousoul View Post
    "He doesn't like doinggg-ing sounds, as I made a big fuss of the most scaredy-cat dog in the world.
    "But Mum says we've got to get him used it, and we can help by reassuring him if he's frightened of a noise."
    It had been a couple of days now, and we'd realized that DIB(dog in black) had a real phobia of the theme tune to the news on telly, and the sound of the toilet being flushed, as well as the doorbell.

For a start, does get him used it mean get him to used to it? Is it often used by native speakers>

Probably a typo, PS. Yes, that's a very common collocation in English.

Second, is theme tune equal to theme song in the context? Are they interchangeable in any situation?

I've never heard 'theme tune' but I see no reason that it couldn't occur in another dialect of English, so that means that I can't offer any appreciable comments on your last question.

Thanks.
    ##

Thanks, riverkid, for the comment.
    Do you mean get him used it is a typo? Just to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by piousoul View Post
    Thanks, riverkid, for the comment.
    Do you mean get him used it is a typo? Just to make sure.
    I suspect that it must be, PS, 'cause unless I'm missing something, "get him used it" just ain't natural English.