implicating

Hi,

could you please tell me what "implicating" means in the following text:

The representative must understand and use the selling steps: pre-call planning, probing, implicating, offering a solution and handling objections.

Thank you very much.

Hanka

Smile Re: implicating

Quote Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
    Hi,

could you please tell me what "implicating" means in the following text:

The representative must understand and use the selling steps: pre-call planning, probing, implicating, offering a solution and handling objections.

Thank you very much.

Hanka
    Hi, here I venture my premature guess, and I hope it'll brainstorm a little bit of help to your query since no one did present their guiding reply.

The selling steps are pre-call planning, probing, involving, offering a solution, and handling objections.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: implicating

Quote Originally Posted by piousoul View Post
    Hi, here I venture my premature guess, and I hope it'll brainstorm a little bit of help to your query since no one did present their guiding reply.

The selling steps are pre-call planning, probing, involving, offering a solution, and handling objections.

I think piousoul's suggestion is right. The first possibility I considered was that 'implicating' was a step in the selling cycle that involved making implications - either about other products on the market, or about the potential buyer's need for the product being sold. On further reflection, though, I think it is referring to a long-term commitment (I suspect it's about selling something expensive, like double-glazing - that'll involve making regular payments over a number of years); implicating is 'involving in the beginning of a long-term commitment' or just 'involving in a commitment to spend the money' [however little].

No - scratch that! This happens before 'offering a solution', so implicating is involvement in/commitment to the idea of spending some money [on something - the customer doesn't know what yet] to change the situation.

b