scrub in

Hi,

could you please tell me what "scrub in" means in the following text? It is put in the quotation marks.

The employee shall "scrub in" to procedures in the lab on a daily basis

I found that "scrub in" is used when a surgeon washes his hands before an operation, but this is probably a metaphorical meaning. Maybe it should mean that the employee will take part in the procedures or supervise them.

Thank you very much.

Hanka

Smile Re: scrub in

Quote Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
    Hi,

could you please tell me what "scrub in" means in the following text? It is put in the quotation marks.

The employee shall "scrub in" to procedures in the lab on a daily basis

I found that "scrub in" is used when a surgeon washes his hands before an operation, but this is probably a metaphorical meaning. Maybe it should mean that the employee will take part in the procedures or supervise them.

Thank you very much.Hanka
    Hi, according to your limited background, my guess will be like a wild-goose hunt. Anyway, here is my wildest shot:

The empoyee shall "scrub their hands thoroughly before getting in"....

Re: scrub in

Thanks for your reply, but I think this is not the correct meaning. It is one of the tasks of an account manager responsible for selling products, so I donīt think he is the one who carries out the procedures in the lab.

Re: scrub in

It's a peculiar use, but from what you say, it looks as if the account manager is being required to keep himself informed of what is being done in the laboratories in order to have any information that his clients might need.