Problems with my english

Hi everyone,

I jsut wanted to share my problem as some of you probably might have some tip or piece of advice to help me . I am quite a good at english but I am not really satisfied with my ability. I have two problems concerning me.

1. VOCABULARY - There is quite a wide range of words that I know, but I can't use them actively That is - I know them, but don't use them .

2. READING - I have no problems reading english texts, but afterward I realize that a lot of information disappeared. In my native language (Czech) when I read, I rembember what I was reading and I can even rembember whole senteces or phrases.

Any help would be appreciated

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

Re: Problems with my english

Quote Originally Posted by lordfrikk View Post
    Hi everyone,

I jsut wanted to share my problem as some of you probably might have some tip or piece of advice to help me . I am quite a good at english but I am not really satisfied with my ability. I have two problems concerning me.

1. VOCABULARY - There is quite a wide range of words that I know, but I can't use them actively That is - I know them, but don't use them .

2. READING - I have no problems reading english texts, but afterward I realize that a lot of information disappeared. In my native language (Czech) when I read, I rembember what I was reading and I can even rembember whole senteces or phrases.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi!
    First of all you should try to speak English as much as it is possible. You really can have a very large vocabulary. But the vocabulary we usually have is divided into two parts: active and passive. So your task is to make passive words active i.e to use them regularly. And finally a small piece of advice about reading. If you want to remember words and phrases you should underline them while reading and later use them in your speech. To sum up I'd like to say that only regular usage of English will improve your Knowledge.