1. Unregistered

saying

Hi!
    Is it correct to say;" You're selling nuts for toothless teachers?" I mean that I am offering teachers something valuable but it is not necessary for them. They won't make use of it. They need other things.

Bye,
    Assaf

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: saying

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi!
    Is it correct to say;" You're selling nuts for toothless teachers?" I mean that I am offering teachers something valuable but it is not necessary for them. They won't make use of it. They need other things.
    Bye,
    Assaf
    The saying sounds similar - though not applying in the same context - to our 'like two bald men fighting over a comb'. But I've never heard of a version where someone tries to sell a comb to a bald man.

b

PS
    Hi Assaf - if you register (quick and free) you can have email sent to you when your questions are answered in the Forum.

Re: saying

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi!
    Is it correct to say;" You're selling nuts for toothless teachers?" I mean that I am offering teachers something valuable but it is not necessary for them. They won't make use of it. They need other things.Bye,
    Assaf
    There is a similar saying in English for your reference:

You're casting pearls before swine.

That is, you're offering beautiful or valuable things to people who cannot appreciate them.