• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Cambodian
      • Home Country:
      • Cambodia
      • Current Location:
      • Cambodia

Angry Urgent correct my paragraph

As a Buddhist Why should we follow Buddhism?

We were born in the country where people believe in Buddhism (Theravada Buddhism) that’s why we have to follow in Buddhism. In Buddhism, it is very important to return gratitude to the Buddha and his teachings. We are very much concerned about Buddha’s teaching (Dharma) and we would like to be free from suffering, now and in future lives. Thus, In order to escape from suffering we have to know about life, death and the four Noble Truths of Buddha. Buddha has clearly taught us how to meditate and how to give up desire in order to escape from the sufferings of life. One more thing that pushes us to follow Buddha is that Buddha did not believe in caste system. He believed that everyone should have equal life. Everyone should live in harmony and all life is sacred and precious. Either we are rich or poor, or we were born in prominent family, we still believe in a Buddha’s word that is Karma. This means that if we have done many good deeds, we may be born in favorable conditions where we can enjoys wealth and success, beauty and strength, good health, and meets good spiritual friends and teachers. Some good deeds can also lead to rebirth in the heavens and other happy states. In contrast, if we have done bad deeds, we will suffer consequences and lead rebirth in suffering states. When we understand Karma, we will then make the effort to stop performing bad actions, and to try to cultivate the good actions. By doing so, we gain benefits not only in this life, but also in many other lives until we reach Nirvana.

Re: Urgent correct my paragraph

Why should we follow Buddhism?

We were born in a country where people believe in Buddhism (Theravada Buddhism), and that's why we have to follow Buddhism. In Buddhism, it is very important to give gratitude to the Buddha and thanks for his teachings (Dharma). We are very concerened with his teachings and we would like to be free from suffering in this life and future lives. In order to escape from suffering we have to know about life, death, and the four Noble Truths of Buddhism. Buddha taught us how to meditate and how to give up desire in order to escape from the sufferings of life. One more thing that encourages us to follow Buddhism is that Buddha did not believe in a caste system. He believed that everyone should have equal status in life and live in harmony. All life is sacred and precious. Whether we are rich or poor, or whether or not we were born into a prominent family, we still believe in Karma. If we have done many good deeds, we may be born into favorable conditions where we can enjoy wealth and success, beauty and strength, good health, and meet good spiritual friends and teachers. Some good deeds can also lead to rebirth in the heavens or other happy states, such as Nirvana. In contrast, if we have done bad deeds, we will suffer consequences and be reborn in a state of suffering. When we understand Karma, we will then make the effort to stop doing bad, and will try to keep doing good. By doing so, we gain benefits not only in this life, but also in many future lives until we reach Nirvana.

I went through and edited for grammar and not really for style - the result is that it doesn't flow as smooth as it could, but - to the best of my knowledge - it's free of grammar errors.
    Last edited by SunnyDay; 07-Feb-2007 at 04:45. Reason: Typos