Edit my paraphrase

Paraphrase (of the first three stanzas)
    The poet walks the countryside alone imagining himself adrift. Then the reverie is broken by the sight of the daffodils caught in the gentle wind and the flowers appear to him to have taken on the form of lively dancers. This shock captures his spirits and he views the scene as a 'host', welcoming and uplifting. The daffodils seem to be as numerous as the stars that shine in the sky. They stretch endlessly along the shore, and though the waves of the lake dance beside the flowers, the daffodils overshadow the water in glee. The poet can’t help but be happy in such a joyful company of flowers. He stares and stares, but doesn’t realize what wealth the scene will bring him.

The Daffodils by William Wordsworth
    I wandered lonely as a cloud
    That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
    When all at once I saw a crowd,
    A host, of golden daffodils;
    Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
    Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
    And twinkle on the Milky Way,
    They stretched in never-ending line
    Along the margin of a bay:
    Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
    Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced, but they
    Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
    A Poet could not but be gay,
    In such a jocund company:
    I gazed--and gazed--but little thought
    What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
    In vacant or in pensive mood,
    They flash upon that inward eye
    Which is the bliss of solitude;
    And then my heart with pleasure fills,
    And dances with the daffodils.

Re: Edit my paraphrase

[quote=asad hussain;150895]Paraphrase (of the first three stanzas)
    The poet walks the countryside alone imagining himself adrift. Then the reverie is broken by the sight of the daffodils caught in the gentle wind and the flowers appear to him to have taken on the form of lively dancers. This shock captures his spirits and he views the scene as a 'host', welcoming and uplifting. The daffodils seem to be as numerous as the stars that shine in the sky. They stretch endlessly along the shore, and though the waves of the lake dance beside the flowers, the daffodils overshadow the water in glee. The poet can’t help but be happy in such a joyful company of flowers. He stares and stares, but doesn’t realize what wealth the scene will bring him.

Hi, asad,
    Your paraphrase is adorable for me. What with practicing my writing and what with my love for this poem, the following is my premature shot.

Like a lonly cloud floating high over valleys and hills, the speaker(in the poem) wandered in the countryside one day. Suddenly he came across a host of golden daffodils beside the lake and beneath the trees; they are fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
    Like the stars shining and twinkling endlessly on the Milky Way, they danced and tossed their heads gleefully along the shore of a bay.
    The waves of the lake also danced, but the daffodils were more gleeful. He couldn't help but be happy with such pleasant company, but he didn't realize what benefits the show had brought to him then.
    Last edited by piousoul; 08-Feb-2007 at 11:49.

Thanks a lot, Piousoul.

And here is my paraphrase of the last stanza; I didn't finish it because I was pressed for time the other day.

Then one day, he realized the values of chancing into those dancing daffodils; when he lied blankly and mournfully, they flashed upon his mind, which brought to him the delight of being alone. As a result, his heart was filled with joy and danced with them.

Are there any mistakes in mine?

Quote Originally Posted by asad hussain View Post
    Paraphrase (of the first three stanzas)
    The poet walks in the countryside alone imagining himself adrift. Then the reverie is broken by the sight of the daffodils caught in the gentle wind and the flowers appear to him to have taken on the form of lively dancers. This shock captures his spirits and he views the scene as a 'host', welcoming and uplifting. The daffodils seem to be as numerous as the stars that shine in the sky. They stretch endlessly along the shore, and though the waves of the lake dance beside the flowers, the daffodils overshadow the water in glee. The poet canít help but be happy in such a joyful company of flowers. He stares and stares, but doesnít realize what wealth the scene will bring him.
    I couldn't find anything ungrammatical on your paraphrase except in the countryside. Besides, maybe that's my personal preference.

Is the rest fine?