No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Please try it now- I believe the problem has been fixed.

deni0034

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Denmark
Thanks for the reply, have tried again and this time I get this message:

Oops! - Page Not Found

https://www.usingenglish.com/members/text-analysis/summary.php
Looks like the page you were after is either no longer live on our server, or more likely has moved.
But don't go anywhere, there is heaps of good stuff here, and you are more than welcome to have a look around. Just follow one of the links above to find what you were looking for, or otherwise try a search below

So I hope you will check up on the analyzer again. I tested from my Mac (2015 model) and the text I used was an excerpt from Dracula I found on the Gutenberg project website, standard copy paste. I really want to use this tool, hope you can get it to work.

Regards
deni0034

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I have just run a text through it successfully, so please try it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

deni0034

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Denmark
Thanks for your prompt response, sorry I have not been able to reply earlier. I am very pleased to let you know that I have finally got it to work with success! Tested it again on Dracula from Gutenberg Project and on another random text. Both worked fine! I look forward to using it more!

Regards,
Deni0034

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Pheeeewwwwww. Thanks for letting us know. ;-)

Hunia

Member Type
Retired Academic
Native Language
Estonian
Home Country
Finland
Current Location
Germany
Yes, good to have such a tool. I also have a special text analysis programme for Chinese that I can run offline. It is very fast and can process several gigabites of text in minutes. I am currently working on an edition of an ancient Chinese text by Sunzi on the Art of War. It is the oldest work on military strategy so far known.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
What is your analysis uncovering?

Hunia

Member Type
Retired Academic
Native Language
Estonian
Home Country
Finland
Current Location
Germany
Depth of expressions used, frequency of occurrence, word or Chinese charater list with portions of text where the character /word entry actually occurs (works a bit like a concordance); words used in context can disambiguate shadesd of meaning, expecially in classical Chinese texts from several thousand years ago which usually are very "vague" in that respect. A good way to analysis for purposes of translation and analysing what the original author actually wanted to say.
The text I was using was Sunzi's Art of War (Sunzi Bingfa); I am currently working on a book focusing on that topic; it will include the original Chinese text, and English translation and a Chinese-English glossary.

Status
Not open for further replies.