1. Unregistered

What is a tagalong?

My daughter (3rd grade) is doing a writing assignment where she is supposed to use a tagalong in a sentence. I told her the definition of tagalong. I said it was someone who follows another, almost in an annoying way. She said her teacher said she's not supposed to put the "word" tagalong in a sentence, but she is supposed to write a sentence containing a tagalong. Other sentences she is supposed to write must contain certain types of verbs, and others must contain certain types of nouns. This sentence must contain a tagalong and my child's teacher has used the initials TAL or TAG to refer to this. I have reviewed my daughter's papers given out at school, as well as searched online and still cannot find what a tagalong is, in terms of using a tagalong in a sentence. My fiance used to be a teacher, and he has never heard of this term. Calling my daughter's teacher is out of the question since it is night time and school is out. Can you help?

Thanks!

Re: What is a tagalong?

tagalong (verb) - go after - go behind - pursue

He tagalonged with me the whole day.

tagalong (noun) - follower - somebody or something that persistently follows another, especially somebody whose attentions are unwelcome

Your brother's such a tagalong. He never leaves us alone for a minute.

Hope that helps.

Asad

Re: What is a tagalong?

I suspect she is being asked to write a sentence containing a tag like David plays the piano, doesn't he?