Topic sentence

What is the topic sentece in the following second paragraph?

In a supermarket, everything is organized to increase sales and profits, which means getting consumers to buy things they donít really need, but cannot resist.
    Supermarkets donít like talking openly about tactics. They wish to appear to be the friendly grocer who helps wash our salads, not our brains. However, it is hard to hide the fact that nearly every new superstore has its primary doors on the left so the shopping is done clockwise, to the right. Nine out of ten people are right handed and they prefer turning to the right.

Thank you very much.

Re: Topic sentence

Hello

Hmm. This is a tough one, Progress. Either green or pink. The reason for my confusion. A topic sentence can act alone. For example, I can turn to some guy in the metro and say, What're you reading there in the paper? and his answer will most likely be the topic (statement) of the article. That's the green line. But...the pink line states the actual topic, but the doer is implied, "They...friendly grocers...wash our salads, not our brains." Hmpf. It's a tough'un.

Supermarkets don't like talking openly about tactics. They wish to appear to be the friendly grocer who helps wash our salads, not our brains. However, it is hard to hide the fact that nearly every new superstore has its primary doors on the left so the shopping is done clockwise, to the right. Nine out of ten people are right handed and they prefer turning to the right.

Thanks Casiopea,
    The question that which sentence is the topic sentenc comes from an exercise book and some questions from the book or that kind of books are not realistic. Only people who make the qusetions know the answer lol
    What is the topic sentence in this book belongs to the questions. I was able to learn impotant things from your comfusion. Thank you very much.

You're welcome. I trust you'll find a solution.