Hi teacher, i'd like to ask u something about some usage of term in informal way. what's the meaning of the sentence: I'm terrible with name?and "the word quirk?"
If you say you are terrible with names, you mean to say that you aren't very good at remembering people's names.
Here's the definition of quirk:
1. A peculiarity of behavior; an idiosyncrasy: “Every man had his own quirks and twists” (Harriet Beecher Stowe).
2. An unpredictable or unaccountable act or event; a vagary: a quirk of fate.
3. A sudden sharp turn or twist.
4. An equivocation; a quibble.
5. Architecture. A lengthwise groove on a molding between the convex upper part and the soffit.
Hope that helps. ;)