Woody Allen

Hi,
    Could you help me understand the quotation, please? I canít quite get the humour.
    I don't believe in the after life, although I am bringing a change of underwear.
    He means the underwear he might use in heaven/hell, I think. But why I am bringing?
    TIA

Re: Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Humble View Post
    Hi,
    Could you help me understand the quotation, please? I canít quite get the humour.
    I don't believe in the after life, although I am bringing a change of underwear.
    He means the underwear he might use in heaven/hell, I think. But why I am bringing?
    TIA
    although I am bringing a change of underpants ... athough it worries me

Quote Originally Posted by Humble View Post
    Hi,
    TIA
    I'm an atheist so I don't think there is any life after death, but just in case I'm wrong, I must be prepared so I shall take a change of underwear (conceptual in this case).

Fuller context is needed to answer the question about "I am bringing" - was this Woody Allen in an interview, or does it come from one of his films?

Thanks.
    At least now I know it’s not clear not because of my poor knowledge.