1. Education can help broaden your horizons[ I doubt about the use of "broaden" here- is it correct? Shall I use broadening ?]
Broaden is okay
2. A new advertising / advertisement campaign started yesterday.[which one is better?]
3. I`m having a day off, so I can go to the beach with you.[ Is the indefinite article necessary ?]
4. Our English teacher.... us some difficult exercises for homework.
a] set b] put c] made d] obliged
In my opinion [a] is the best choice in the sentence above.
5. Most students have quite a good sense of their own.... .
a] grasp b] ability c] idea d] information
Shall I use "grasp" ? No, it is 'ability'
6. It`s time for break. The bell has.... .
a] gone off b] struck c] rung d] sounded
Shall I use "rung" ?
a,b,c all seem fine to me.
7.If you want to pass an examination you must study.... .
a] hardly b] enough c] thoroughly d] rather
I think [c] is the best choice. Am I right? Yes
b. is okay too
8. Helen`s parents were very pleased when they read her school... .
a] report b] papers c] diploma d] account
In my opinion [b] is the answer. It is a.)
9. Edward has a ... in French from Leeds University
a] certificate b] degree c] mark d] paper
I think [a] is correct. Or [b]? What is the difference between "certificate" and "degree"? b
A certificate is document issued to a person completing a course of study not leading to a diploma