1. dahmousha

Question Help!

Hi
    I'm a new EFLA teacher. I need help from a native speaker. I have to write a letter from my imaginary friend asking for advice because she will visit Egypt. My SS are supposed to answer this letter using structures like:
    One of the most important things to remember is..
    Another thing to keep in mind is...
    One thing visitors often don't realize is...
    When you vist someone, it's the custom to..
    you aren't supposed to...
    you're expected to....
    It's not acceptable to...

I wrote it but I feel it is unnatural. Can someone please edit it for me?
    And if someone has any additional ideas for my letter, I would certainly appreciate them!

Dear Dina,

I miss you so much! I'm so sad you won't be there when we visit Egypt in June. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your trip. I wanted to ask your advice on somethings. What type of clothes do you think I should bring with me? We'll be staying 3 days in Cairo, 3 days in Alexandria, and 4 days in Sharm El Sheikh. I still haven't decided how I'll travel from Cairo to Alex and Sharm, so I also need your advice on that.
    Do you remember Fatma my roommate during college? I'll probably be visiting her so I was wondering if I'm expected to bring a gift. Is it OK if Dave comes with me to this visit?
    I'm very excited about this trip! I bought a new digital camera that takes video and still images. Are there any constrictions for using a camera while site seeing?
    Of course, you know how addicted I am to shopping, so please reccommend some good places where I can shop.
    I don't want to appear rude, or attract any negative attention during my visit, so please tell me if there's anything I should be aware of, like any customs or traditions.
    I hope we meet real soon!

Love,

Kate

Re: Help!

How about:

Dear Dina,

I miss you so much! I'm so sad you won't be there when we visit Egypt in June. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your trip. I wanted to ask your advice on some things. What type of clothes do you think I should bring with me? We'll be staying in Cairo for three days, in Alexandria for three days, and in Sharm El Sheikh for four days. I still haven't decided how I'll travel from Cairo to Alex and Sharm, so I also need your advice on that.
    Do you remember Fatma, my roommate during college? I'll probably be visiting her so I was wondering if I'm expected to bring a gift. Is it OK if Dave comes with me to this visit?
    I'm very excited about this trip! I bought a new digital camera that takes video and still images. Are there any constrictions for using a camera while site seeing?
    Of course, you know how addicted I am to shopping, so please reccommend some good places where I can shop.
    I don't want to seem rude, or attract any negative attention during my visit, so please tell me if there's anything I should be aware of, like any customs or traditions.
    I hope we meet really soon!

Love,
    Kate[/quote]

Re: Help!

Thanks a lot for your help! I love forums!