• Current Location:
      • India

Re: Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea View Post
    Where?
    Where?
    Then in India.

winston, you've completely lost me. What exactly is your question? Please explain.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

winston, you've completely lost me. What exactly is your question? Please explain.
    hello Casio!
    Some people are changing their ideas, thoughts, aspects, desires, principles and decisions quite often. Such a kind of people will become undecided. So they are criticized by others like "they have got a mind like a monkey, what kind of people they are".

For example:
    Letís consider that there is a man, who bought a new car only two days ago. See how many changes occurred in his mind before he chose the color of the car. He thought of buying a white color car when he decided to buy it. After that he thought that white color wouldnít be very nice and decided to buy a maroon color car. Similarly he changed his decision seven times for some other reasons in the 48 hours. In this situation one of his friend tells him what kind of a person you are, you have got a mind like a monkey.
    Why is it compared with monkey?
    Normally monkey doesnít stay in one place for a long time. It always springs from one tree to another tree or one branch to another. I think there is no need to explain the characteristics of monkey even more. Everyone knows very well.What I am asking is "Is a mind compared with a monkey only for these reasons? or Is it has some other reasons?"

This usage is existing in Indian colloquialism, or rather in tamilian colloquialism. But I came to know that this exists only in tamilian colloquialism, but not in others. What a lovely creation of God!

I have explained at the rate of my ability. I donít know how well you have understood.
    Regards
    winston

Quote Originally Posted by winston View Post
    This usage is existing in Indian colloquialism, or rather in tamilian colloquialism. But I came to know that this exists only in tamilian colloquialism, but not in others.
    Well, I don't speak Tamil, winston, but you do. Which means, when you say "Everyone", you mean everyone who speaks Tamil, right?

Here's what I found for you. The first one is from The Royal Colleges of Psychiatrists, Meditation Techniques:
    Most where aware of how their minds jump around and how it is quite difficult to still the mind. Some felt quite tired and a few inevitably fell asleep! Noises and comings and goings and the heat of the room distracted others. This was acknowledged as being one of the first hurdles of meditation, which is why it is useful to focus on something. It is difficult to stop the mind racing and jumping about. It is often called the 'monkey mind' like a monkey does leaping from branch to branch. We noted the ability or power of the mind to travel to the past and future and to create experiences.
    The second one is from an article on Chinese and Japanese metaphors: "Japanese iba-shin'en metaphors meaning ‘mental inconstancy and turmoil’." The third one is this Blog : A mind like a monkey. The forth (and last one) is from yet another blog.
    "Loosing Concentration. Exams are still on till the following monday, and because big festivals are in the way, I can't seem to concentrate as before! My butt doesn't sticks on the chair for hours and my mind's like a monkey, jumping from topic to topic regardless any subjects I'm studying or have to study. bla bla bla... Too hyper!" Source

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Well, I don't speak Tamil, winston, but you do. Which means, when you say "Everyone", you mean everyone who speaks Tamil, right?

Hello Casio!
    When I say "Everyone" I mean everyone who is living in this world.ok?So don't try to escape from the world.
    Casio! Have you ever heard about this before ?From your reply my view is wrong.Isn't it?I thought it is only in a tamilian colloquailism.because no one was ready to give reply except you. What is the mystery?

Regards
    winston

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Maltese
      • Home Country:
      • Malta
      • Current Location:
      • Italy

Hello Winston. I have just noticed this thread. No, I have never heard about the monkey mind. I've only heard about the three monkeys who see no evil, speak no evil and do no evil.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Maltese
      • Home Country:
      • Malta
      • Current Location:
      • Italy

I was curious so I looked it up. This is an interesting site I found.
    Coping with thought during meditation.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Quote Originally Posted by queenbu View Post
    Hello Winston. I have just noticed this thread. No, I have never heard about the monkey mind. I've only heard about the three monkeys who see no evil, speak no evil and do no evil.
    Hello Queen!
    Just try to follow these monkeys.ok?Don't fail to follow.
    Good luck! lol
    Last edited by winston; 09-Mar-2007 at 18:26.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast