Future passive tense

Hi, I'm teaching my first esol lesson as part of a field observation and the teacher would like me to do something for the future passive tense--will + be + past participle.

Does anyone have any good ideas for group activities.

This is a Sat. morning adult class. Students are sophisticated and motivated, though low intermediate English learners.

Would greatly appreciate any help!

Re: Future passive tense

Quote Originally Posted by Wordwoman View Post
    Hi, I'm teaching my first esol lesson as part of a field observation and the teacher would like me to do something for the future passive tense--will + be + past participle.

Does anyone have any good ideas for group activities.

This is a Sat. morning adult class. Students are sophisticated and motivated, though low intermediate English learners.

Would greatly appreciate any help!
    Sure, do real life, WW and you can't go wrong.

Create a grid, maybe 5 by 5 for 25 spaces or 10 by 10 for 100 spaces. Make copies of them.

Have two sheets of 100 pictures of identical vocabulary items; any appropriate vocab would work. Make copies of them. Cut these up into small squares.

A group of students or teacher and students puts one set of pics on one grid. The students have to put the corresponding pics on another grid, not by sight but by language. Since no one can keep track of who placed what pic where, it's a perfect example of why we use the passive; the agents aren't at all important. Where the pics are to be place is what is important.

Structures;

[student picks out one pic, a pencil]

Q: 1 Where will the pencil be placed?
    2 Where is the pencil to be placed/supposed to be put?
    3 Where does the pencil have to be placed?

In order for the questions and answers to make sense, that is, that they match the context, you, as a teacher have to use the appropriate questions and answers for a correspondingly appropriate context.

You can see that the one you want to practice, #1, doesn't quite fit this scenario I've laid out but with a bit of thought you can create a scenario where it will fit.

Good luck!