some small questions about cater ,like and Thang

you guys ,can you help me qith some small problems ?
    1: " ... both of which cater to a burgeoning youth market thirsty for new information about lifestyle and social issues "
    let us see a dictionary a bit :
    cater for sb/sth phrasal verb MAINLY UK
    to provide what is wanted or needed by someone or something:
    The club caters for children between the ages of 4 and 12.
    cater to sb/sth phrasal verb
    to try to satisfy a need, especially an unpopular or generally unacceptable need:
    This legislation simply caters to racism.

i dont think " youth market " has a disapproving meaning like that ,but it is summoned from an article , can you explain for me why?
    2 : "The official reason for the closing Thang wasnt received government permission to operate the site "
    Thang is the name of a person ,but in this sentence it is used as a thing
    3: "Like millions of the other teenagers around the globe ,Thang loved computer games "
    In my views ,it must be " alike" .
    This is " capitalism on comback in vietnam " by Ben Stocking .

Re: some small questions about cater ,like and Thang

1: " ... both of which were particularly attentive or solicitous to a burgeoning youth market thirsty for new information about lifestyle and social issues."

i dont think " youth market " has a disapproving meaning like that ,but it is summoned from an article , can you explain for me why?
    Sometimes reading the word or phrase in a different context helps me get a better handle on the word's meaning. The following is taken from an article called TARGETING THE YOUTH MARKET.
    Taking a trip to the local shopping mall any Saturday afternoon provides all the evidence you need that kids represent the fastest-growing market in the U.S. today. Armed with paychecks, allowances and gifts from grandma, teens alone are laying out approximately $95 billion a year. And their younger siblings, ages four to 12, are spending an astounding $14.4 billion annually and influencing other household purchases to the tune of $132 billion.

If these numbers are music to your ears, the song you are hearing is the ringing of cash registers across the country.

Sentence 2: is ungrammatical (*).

2: *"The official reason for the closing Thang wasnt received government permission to operate the site."

It should read like this,

2: The official reason for closing down Thang (a person's name) was that he didn't receive government permission to operate the site.

In 3:, the word Like does not mean alike. It is synonymous with As is the case with,

3: "Like millions of the other teenagers around the globe / As is the case with other teenagers around the globe, Thang loved computer games."

All the best.

Re: some small questions about cater ,like and Thang

thanks casiopea
    . I will take your advice in my mind . Maybe we shouldnt depend on dictionaries too much . Thank you again