• Thread starter o_cat
  • Start date
  • Views : 160,855
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

o_cat

Hey dear teachers,
I'll have an interview by a foreign teacher and three chinese teachers a few days later. The main topic would be about why I want to be an graduate student and something about painting. In according to the process, I should to introduce myself at first. But I am not very clear about how to do this remarkable.

As this interview is very important to me, could you give me some suggestions?

P.S. Where could I find some special words about art or painting?

Thanks a million!

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
o_cat said:
Hey dear teachers,
I'll have an interview by a foreign teacher and three chinese teachers a few days later. The main topic would be about why I want to be an graduate student and something about painting. In according to the process, I should to introduce myself at first. But I am not very clear about how to do this remarkable.

• I'll have an interview with a foreign teacher and three Chinese teachers a few days from now. The main topic will be about why I want to be an graduate student, and I also have to say something about painting. I am supposed to introduce myself first, but I am not sure how to do that.

Also, where can I find some ideas about things to say about art or painting?

I would state my name, mention the name of my school and school year ("I am a senior at XYZ University"), and say something about how happy I am to be there.

:wink:

O

o_cat

RonBee said:
o_cat said:
Hey dear teachers,

• I'll have an interview with a foreign teacher and three Chinese teachers a few days from now. The main topic will be about why I want to be an graduate student, and I also have to say something about painting. I am supposed to introduce myself first, but I am not sure how to do that.

Also, where can I find some ideas about things to say about art or painting?

I would state my name, mention the name of my school and school year ("I am a senior at XYZ University"), and say something about how happy I am to be there.

Thank you, Ron!
You are always so kind. :)

O

o_cat

Where could I find some special words about art or painting?

What I mean is, maybe somewhere has some words special in art, just like some dictionary in a special field, I want to find them, and learn them by heart. Could you catch me?

O

o_cat

This is what I will say in my interview, could please give me some suggestions?

Good morning. I am glad to be here for this interview. First let me introduce myself. My name is cat, 22. I am a native of C.Q. I graduated from this University and also this department in July ,2003.In the past months I have been preparing for the postgraduate examination while doing some other things. Now all my hard work has got a result since I have a chance to be here to have interview by you .

I was deeply allured by art when I was a little girl. One day in my fours, my mother found her dictionaries, books, walls and doors in the home and even the clothes are all my paintings. She was so crazy that she decide to send me to an children art school the second day. The following days are filled with shapes, papers, crayons, and also colors and shapes, I was so curious and happy with these things and also many friend with the same interest that now I still cannot forget the days I spent in that school.

How times files! When I was 17, I went to this college to study art. But four years time has past in a flash. Then I did three jobs, as an elementary school teacher, as an art editor and a secretary. Besides the secretary the former two are still cannot give me painting time. So I decide to study more, to be an artist, to realize my dream. And that is the main reason why I stand here.

If I could study in this college in the future three years, I simply make such a plan. First and foremost, I will study hard and do my best to be an excellent student. In the second place, I want to try my best to join some exhibition, to prove my ability. Furthermore, I hope I can find my way to realize my dream while finance myself.

As a younger, I am open-minded ,quick in thought and very fond of all forms of art. In my spare time, like many other younger I have broad interests such as reading books, listen to all kinds of music, computer and surfing the internet. I am also a poor Hi-Fi fan and very fond of headphone and headphone amplifier, although I haven’t got an excellent set yet.

As the old saying goes easier said than done. I know there are many difficulties in fount of me. But in my humble opinion, man proposes, God disposes. I have confidence to be an eligible people.

That’s all. Thank you!

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Now all my hard work has got a result since I have a chance to be here to have interview by you .

I'd change this a bit:

Since I have the opportunity to be here for an interview with you, it seems that my work is bringing dividends.

Sorry, I've got to dash- I'll be back later to have a proper look. ;-)

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I hope Tdol won't mind if I take a shot at it. :wink:

Re:
  • Good morning. I am glad to be here for this interview. First let me introduce myself. My name is cat, 22. I am a native of C.Q. I graduated from this University and also this department in July ,2003.In the past months I have been preparing for the postgraduate examination while doing some other things. Now all my hard work has got a result since I have a chance to be here to have interview by you .
Try:
  • Good morning. I am glad to be here for this interview. First, let me introduce myself. My name is Cat, and I am 22 years old. I am a native of C.Q. I graduated from this University and also this department in July, 2003. I have been preparing for the postgraduate examination for several months. Because I am here for this interview, it seems that all my hard work just might have paid off. (Smile.)
What do you think? Is that close? :)

Re:
  • I was deeply allured by art when I was a little girl. One day in my fours, my mother found her dictionaries, books, walls and doors in the home and even the clothes are all my paintings. She was so crazy that she decide to send me to an children art school the second day. The following days are filled with shapes, papers, crayons, and also colors and shapes, I was so curious and happy with these things and also many friend with the same interest that now I still cannot forget the days I spent in that school.
Try:
  • I have been greatly interested in art ever since I was a little girl. One day when I was four my mother discovered that the books, the walls, the doors, and even the clothes had become paintings. She went so crazy that she decided to send me to an children's art school the next day. The following days were filled with shapes, papers, crayons, and colors. I was so curious and happy with these things and so glad for the friends I made there that the memories of the place still seem fresh to me.
What do you think? :)

Re:
  • How times files! When I was 17, I went to this college to study art. But four years time has past in a flash. Then I did three jobs, as an elementary school teacher, as an art editor and a secretary. Besides the secretary the former two are still cannot give me painting time. So I decide to study more, to be an artist, to realize my dream. And that is the main reason why I stand here.
Try:
  • How times files! When I was 17, I came to this college to study art. The time has passed in a flash. I have had three jobs: as an elementary school teacher, as an art editor, and as a secretary. The secretary job is the only one that afforded me any time to paint. And it wasn't enough. So I decided to study more, to become an artist, to realize my dream. And that is the main reason why I stand here.
So, how did I do?

:)

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re:
  • If I could study in this college in the future three years, I simply make such a plan. First and foremost, I will study hard and do my best to be an excellent student. In the second place, I want to try my best to join some exhibition, to prove my ability. Furthermore, I hope I can find my way to realize my dream while finance myself.
Try:
  • If I can study at this college for three more years, I think I can succeed. First and foremost, I will study hard and do my best to be an excellent student. In the second place, I want to join some exhibition, to prove my ability. Furthermore, I hope to find a way to realize my dream while financing my education.
Re:
  • As a younger, I am open-minded ,quick in thought and very fond of all forms of art. In my spare time, like many other younger I have broad interests such as reading books, listen to all kinds of music, computer and surfing the internet. I am also a poor Hi-Fi fan and very fond of headphone and headphone amplifier, although I haven’t got an excellent set yet.
Try:
  • As a young person, I am open-minded, quick in thought and very fond of all forms of art. In my spare time, like many other young people, I have broad interests such as reading books, listening to all kinds of music, and surfing the Internet. I enjoy listening to music on the stereo through my headphones.
Re:
  • As the old saying goes easier said than done. I know there are many difficulties in fount of me. But in my humble opinion, man proposes, God disposes. I have confidence to be an eligible people.
Try:
  • As the old saying goes, easier said than done. I know there are many difficulties in front of me. But in my humble opinion, man proposes, God disposes. I have confidence that things will work out for the best.

:D That is good! :D

O

o_cat

tdol said:
Now all my hard work has got a result since I have a chance to be here to have interview by you .

I'd change this a bit:

Since I have the opportunity to be here for an interview with you, it seems that my work is bringing dividends.

Sorry, I've got to dash- I'll be back later to have a proper look. ;-)

That is a good sentence.
Thank you,tdol.

O

o_cat

in reply to RonBee

Thanks a million, Ron!
I will know them by heart.

Manami

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hello everyone, I’m Manami from Poland, i a new member on this side. I register here because i’d like to improve my English and meet some new people from all over the world :-D

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello everyone, I’m Manami from Poland, i a new member on this side. I register here because i’d like to improve my English and meet some new people from all over the world :-D

Welcome to the forum, Manami. :)

Galadrielle

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hello everybody,

I come from Nice (France).

I was born in Paris.

And I hope make friends and learn English...

rosssssa

Member Type
Academic
hi everybody I just registrated here It seem really helfull so I hope you can help me in any way...I from lima-Peru and this saturday I going to take an examination and interview by Federico Virrarreal university in Lima so please give some advise in how to introdece my self in the interview...:) thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.