metrosexual

Its time the metrosexual males moved on because now there's a new man in town who is driving all the women crazy.

Shah Rukh Khan is just one of the many camels who is queuing up at the Gorbandh Beauty parlour for camels at Tilwara.
    Beauty parlours for camel makeovers have become a rage. And one of the parlours at a camel fair is a huge hit with camel owners because of it is economically priced.

I got a camel here and priced it at Rs 15,000 but I found no buyers, then I took it to the beauty parlour and after the makeover I sold it for Rs 35,000, says a camel owner from Jaisalmer.

Please explain the highlighted group of words.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: metrosexual

"Metrosexual male" is a phrase that was coined just five years or so ago. It describes a man that is heterosexual, but that spends an excessive amount of time and money on his appearance (a trait that was traditionally associated with gay men.)

Its time the metrosexual males moved on
    All those men who pride themselves on their $500 shoes and $200 haircuts should step aside, get out of the way.

because now there's a new man in town who is driving all the women crazy.
    There's a man that's even trendier and more fashion-conscious than you impressing the women and making them swoon with delight and ignore all the other men.

And one of the parlours at a camel fair is a huge hit with camel owners because of it is economically priced.
    This particular shop that grooms camels and sells grooming supplies is extremely popular because it is inexpensive; its prices are lower than competing shops.