Question Rhetoric devices, stylistic questions. Help needed.

Hello. I have been given a stylistics test sheet and there are some questions which I don't know/understand the answer to. If anyone can help me with the answers and possibly give a simple explanation I will be thankful.

1)Which rhetorical device is used in the following sentences:
    'Time is money' -
    'He uttered a volley of oaths' -
    'The hostess kept a good table' -

2)What kind of knowledge do we need to translate concepts such as headboy, Christmas cracker, instant coffee and bank holiday?

3)An arrangement of words, phrases and even sentences in order of importance is called .... (it is another rhetorical device).

4)What do we call the interpretation of experience by means of images ( e.g. statue of Liberty, image of Tyranny etc. )?

5)The adjective has to be in the same case, number and gender as the noun it qualifies. e.g. Les robes blanches sont excellentes. What is this called?

6)What are the following words? chemin de fer, guerra fria, desempleo

7)The verb in the following sentence is in ... form. All orders were issued through Mr. Brown.

8)Following Martin Joo's description of styles which is the one used as 'theshold' or 'unmarked style'

9)How would we classify the following phrase: 'detrimental to the visual amenities of the locality'?

10)How would we classify the following phrase: 'the year's penultimate month'? metaphor/circumlocution/polysemy/euthemism

Re: Rhetoric devices, stylistic questions. Help needed.

I found explantions for most of them now. except theese:

The adjective has to be in the same case, number and gender as the noun it qualifies. e.g. Les robes blanches sont excellentes. What is this called?

What are the following words? chemin de fer, guerra fria, desempleo

Could anyone also tell me about which nation is said to have invented translation? I did a search but could not find anything.