see

Question:
    If you ever pay a visit to the museum, you'll be satisfied to see all the collection _____ ancient sandals to modern hign heels.
    (A) ranges from (B) ranging from
    I know B is correct. How about A? If it is acceptable, is there any difference between them?
    Thanks!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

Re: see

Quote Originally Posted by mayclaire View Post
    Question:
    If you ever pay a visit to the museum, you'll be satisfied to see all the collection _____ ancient sandals to modern hign heels.
    (A) ranges from (B) ranging from
    I know B is correct. How about A? If it is acceptable, is there any difference between them?
    Thanks!
    A isn't correct. If you want it to be correct you have to say like this:If you ever pay a visit to the museum you'll be satisfied to see all the collection which ranges from ancient sandals to modern high heels.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    A isn't correct. If you want it to be correct you have to say like this:If you ever pay a visit to the museum you'll be satisfied to see all the collection which ranges from ancient sandals to modern high heels.
    Thanks!
    Can I say "You'll be satisfied to see that all the collection ranges from ancient sandals to modern high heels."

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

Quote Originally Posted by mayclaire View Post
    Thanks!
    Can I say "You'll be satisfied to see that all the collection ranges from ancient sandals to modern high heels."
    Yes, but do you know the theory of the complex object? If you do it's better to say: You'll be satisfied to see all the collection range (ranging) from ancient sandals to modern high heels.

Thanks!

However, according to Longman English Contemporary Dictionary,
    see (that)
    He saw that she was crying.
    Such being the case, why is it not acceptable to say "you can see that all the collection ranges from old sandals to modern high heels"?