Results 1 to 6 of 6
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

    • Join Date: Dec 2006
    • Posts: 1,277
    #1

    correct sentence

    I have taken faith in Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism for 2 years.

    Is this sentence fine? Or could it be better phrased?

    Thanks in advance.


    • Join Date: Jan 2007
    • Posts: 1,740
    #2

    Re: correct sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by kohyoongliat View Post
    I have taken faith in Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism for 2 years.

    Is this sentence fine? Or could it be better phrased?

    Thanks in advance.
    I think :

    I have been faith in Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism since 2 years.

    [I hope some other's will help us]. It's just share of my knowledge


    • Join Date: Oct 2006
    • Posts: 19,434
    #3

    Re: correct sentence

    I have been a follower of Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism for 2 years.

    I have been a believer in
    Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism for 2 years.

    For the last two years, my faith has been
    Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

    • Join Date: Dec 2006
    • Posts: 1,277
    #4

    Re: correct sentence

    Thanks, Anglika.


    • Join Date: Jan 2007
    • Posts: 1,740
    #5

    Re: correct sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    I have been a follower of Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism for 2 years.

    I have been a believer in Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism for 2 years.

    For the last two years, my faith has been Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism.
    All the above sentences are present perfect which means actions are completed.
    So I guess, He doesn't follow the Buddhism now.

    Please correct, If I am wrong


    • Join Date: Jul 2006
    • Posts: 2,886
    #6

    Re: correct sentence

    Quote Originally Posted by user_gary View Post
    All the above sentences are present perfect which means actions are completed.
    So I guess, He doesn't follow the Buddhism now.

    Please correct, If I am wrong
    Not completed. The time frame leads up to the present and probably further to future time

Similar Threads

  1. help correct my sentence
    By esophea in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 27-Mar-2010, 18:23
  2. Is this sentence correct?
    By snade17 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-Mar-2009, 00:12
  3. correct sentence
    By shaukat mahmood in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-Oct-2006, 17:30
  4. Is the sentence correct?
    By Hanka in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-Oct-2006, 21:51
  5. grammar
    By jiang in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17-Dec-2003, 20:02

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •