• Post Thanks / Like

more than anything else

I think there's a little bit of a misunderstanding, a little bit of misinterpretation. Some of the recommendations given by some of the captains is that, more than anything else during the match days or before the tour, it's better that the players avoid the endorsements," former India captain Krishnamachari Srikkanth says.

[Source : Cricket News - Minus the ads, BCCI tells players ]

I know misinterpretation means (to express something in a wrong way). But I can't understand in the above context.

Also, please explain the `more than anything else'.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Romanian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: more than anything else

Quote Originally Posted by user_gary View Post
    I think there's a little bit of a misunderstanding, a little bit of misinterpretation. Some of the recommendations given by some of the captains is that, more than anything else during the match days or before the tour, it's better that the players avoid the endorsements," former India captain Krishnamachari Srikkanth says.

[Source : Cricket News - Minus the ads, BCCI tells players ]

I know misinterpretation means (to express something in a wrong way). But I can't understand in the above context.

Also, please explain the `more than anything else'.
    1.The players misinterpreted the directions given by their leader- they wrongly understood the directions.
    2.The players should have avoided the endorsements more than anything else : the players should have avoided the endorsements by no means. They should have avoided making mistakes as much as possible.

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teia_petrescu View Post
    1.The players misinterpreted the directions given by their leader- they wrongly understood the directions.
    2.The players should have avoided the endorsements more than anything else : the players should have avoided the endorsements by no means. They should have avoided making mistakes as much as possible.
    Thank you tela.

But my mind is so weak, still I can't understand it.(Particularly because I don't understand what you mean `by no means')
    Could you again explain in some other way? or explain what is `by no means', this will help me to understand.
    Last edited by user_gary; 08-Apr-2007 at 14:34.

• Post Thanks / Like

I think teia_petrescu meant to say they should have avoided the endorsements by all means. They should have avoided them altogether.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Romanian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    I think teia_petrescu meant to say they should have avoided the endorsements by all means. They should have avoided them altogether.
    Yes, Anglika, you are right. I tried to say : by all means

Thank you very much