Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Unregistered

    Term - Joining two words

    What's that term where you join two words to make an undefined word. An example being joining aesthetic and ethos to form aesthos.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 57,884

    Re: Term - Joining two words

    They're called portmanteau words.

Similar Threads

  1. Vocabulary
    By huda23 in forum Teaching English
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-Aug-2008, 22:38
  2. In his first term or At its(his) first term?
    By Falcon in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-Nov-2006, 19:42
  3. What is the term used for words: like, as
    By TurquoiseTantrum in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-Aug-2006, 16:21
  4. Alphabetizing Words
    By ohiomanager in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-Feb-2006, 12:26
  5. Term for strange words?
    By bryan david kearney in forum General Language Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-Aug-2004, 05:45


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts