Results 1 to 2 of 2

    • Join Date: Jan 2007
    • Posts: 1,740

    being pulled across a surface

    implement (TOOL) Show phonetics
    noun [C]
    a tool which works by being moved by hand or by being pulled across a surface, but which is not powered directly by electricity or fuel:

    Could you explain the highlighted parts?
    Last edited by user_gary; 12-Apr-2007 at 11:26.

    • Join Date: Oct 2006
    • Posts: 19,398

    Re: being pulled across a surface

    A pen is a writing implement/tool. It is operated by hand. As you use it to write, its nib is being pulled across a surface.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts