..Could you please check my report, any suggestions are welcom.
A group of foreign tourist is going to spend a holiday in your town. You have been asked to write a report for the group leader about eating out during their stay. Describe the best place for tourists to eat and drink in your area. Say what kind of food is available, and explain why you think this place would be suitable for tourists.
Write your report.
To: Mr. White
From: Peter Petrov
Date: 16 June 2007
Subject: Eating out – The Old Mill
The purpose of this report is to give information about the best place for tourists to eat out.
The Old Mill is a traditional Russian restaurant with live folk music, which is situated in the old center of the town, approximately 15 minutes from your hotel, and can be easily reached by public transport. It is open daily from 8.00 to midnight.
There are more than 30 traditional Russian dishes on the menu, including the well-known ones such as:
Kotlety po-kievski – baked breast of chicken stuffed with butter sauce.
Bliny with dark grey caviar
Soft and strong drinks I wouldn't regard this as a good selling point for the food menu. Can you find a couple of other traditional dishes? I would put the reference to selling both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in your positive points.
Suitability for tourists
- Many of the staff speak a second language.
- Credit cards are accepted
- Can be reached by public transport easily
- A wide variety of food that will appeal to the tourists
- Entertainment is available A better selling point would be "Live entertainment, such as balalaika players", but you have already mentioned the live music.
- Prices in general are quite high
- It is overcrowded, especially on weekends
In spite of the disadvantages, I would recommend The Old Mill for your group.
Student or Learner